Click on a question to see the answer. Show All Answers
ANSWER: The Kahuna Cert-Watch™ list allows any CBA to track the ongoing certification of any other CBA. The Kahuna Cert-Watch™ will show a CBA to either be:
-Recently Decertified (for a 30 day period)
-Recent Significant Changes (for a 30 day period)
ANSWER: No. There is only the annual re-certification charge.
ANSWER: Kahuna Certification™ assures the business community that your company is focused on Integrity, Quality and Accountability.
ANSWER: This seal may be used on any signage, stationary, or written communications, and you have the right to make reference to it in most forms of marketing and advertising for as long as your business maintains its certification. Once certified, your business contact information, capabilities, products and/or services will be listed on the GoKahuna.com website. This includes a link to your company’s website, email and a web based map to your location. Go Kahuna’s™ national advertising campaign will provide your company increased exposure and will enable your company to acquire new business opportunities.
ANSWER: Kahuna is from the Hawaiian language and refers to the arbiter of morals and ethics in the island society. The definition of Kahuna is a guru, and the definition of a guru is someone that is “exceptional in their field”.
ANSWER: To be certified, your business must:
1. Possess current business and/or professional licensing required of your business.
2. Have current Liability Insurance with respect to your business or occupation.
3. Have current Workers' Compensation Insurance.
4. Be Bonded or Bondable, if applicable, in your area of business or occupation.
5. Provide a D&B Number.
6. Have no unresolved complaints, older than 90 days, with your local Better Business Bureau at the time of application.
7. Provide at least three confirmable business references.
ANSWER: A Company or Individual Owner(s) who has met all Kahuna Certification™ criteria. Upon Certification, these businesses are referred to as a "Certified Business Associate" (CBA’s).
ANSWER: Once certified, your business contact information, capabilities, products and/or services will be listed on the GoKahuna.com website. This includes a link to your company website, email and a web based map to your location. This certification will result in instant recognition by the business community that your company is reputable, qualified, licensed and insured. In addition, your business will be advertised on a local and national level.
ANSWER: The cost of Basic Kahuna Certification was $399 per year (this certification level is no longer available). The cost of Kahuna Certification - GOLD is $999 per year.
ANSWER: No. The Kahuna Certification is renewable annually.
ANSWER: Click the “Search for Kahuna Certified Businesses Now!” at the top of the page to search for Kahuna Certified Businesses Associates.
ANSWER: A Certificate Holder is a party designated by the insured to be notified in the event of any change in an insurance contract. As a Certificate Holder, Go Kahuna™ is notified any time a policy is renewed, cancelled or changed.
ANSWER: A number of General Contractors (GC’s) have found that their own internal processes for verification of licensing and insurances of their subcontractors can be dramatically improved by using Kahuna Certified™ subcontractors. Certification also helps reduce the number of uninsured claims and the risk of doing business with an unqualified contractor. In an effort to reduce these risks, the GC’s are requiring that their contractors and subcontractors, doing or wishing to do business with them become Kahuna Certified™.
ANSWER: Your company has passed our in depth certification process verifying that it meets and maintains basic business standards regarding insurance, licensure, business references. Upon Certification you will become an established Go Kahuna™ Certified Business Associate (CBA) and issued a specific Go Kahuna™ CBA number.
ANSWER: After 2 business days, you will lose your certification until you have renewed or secured new coverage.
The Basic Kahuna Certification program expired Sept 2007. The costs was $399 per year and was valid for up to
three states / territories.
To qualify, your business must:
- Possess current business and/or professional licensing required of your
- Have current Liability Insurance with respect to your business or occupation.
- Have current Workers' Compensation Insurance.
Kahuna Certified – GOLD costs $999 per year, and is valid in an unlimited
number of states / territories. To qualify, your business must meet all Kahuna
Certified qualifications, plus:
- Be Bonded or Bondable, if applicable, in your area of business or occupation.
- Provide a D&B Number.
- Have no unresolved complaints, older than 90 days, with your local Better
Business Bureau at the time of application.
- Provide at least three confirmable business references.
ANSWER: Yes, your information is safe and secure. Go Kahuna™ does not market or solicit any of our CBA’s. We will not share, sell, release or use your information for any reason other than achieving and maintaining certification. Only the information approved by you, the CBA, is available to the public at GoKahuna.com.
ANSWER: To quickly and easily complete the application, you will need:
1. Full Legal Name of the business
2. Federal Tax ID number or owner's SSN
3. Professional or business licensing information
* License #
* License Issuing agency name, address and phone #
* Original licensing Date & Expiration Date
4. Insurance Agency/Agencies for General Liability & Worker's Compensation Policies
* Insurance Agency/Agencies Name, address and phone #
* Insurance Agency/Agencies Contact person
5. Bonding Agency/Agencies (if applicable)
* Bonding Agency/Agencies Name, address and phone #
* Bonding Agency/Agencies Contact person
6. Three customer references (these should be recent customers for whom you have performed work)
7. D&B Number or Three Customer Reference Names, Contact Person, Addresses and Phone Numbers
8. Credit Card Information- including authorization number(s) if applicable, or if paying by Internet check, you will need checking account routing and account numbers
ANSWER: If you have the information listed above in advance, you should be able to complete the application in 20-30 minutes.
ANSWER: Complete approval will take anywhere from 10-14 business days. Alerting your insurance and bonding agent that we will be contacting will expedite the process.
ANSWER: Any one of our business representatives at 225-246-8612, or toll free 866-824-9068. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANSWER: At Go Kahuna™, insurance policy tracking is an integral part of our business. The Go Kahuna™ Insurance Certification Team is assigned to watch for changes in these policies. In addition to our Kahuna Cert Watch™ Program and internal audit system, we review the policy at least 3 times, and up to 6 times, in a 12-month period. Our staff contacts the insurance agency at the time of certification, on the renewal date(s) of the policy and at the end of the 12 months when it is time to recertify.
ANSWER: A number of General Contractors have found that their own internal processes for checking on the proper licensing and insurances of their subcontractors are time consuming, expensive, and difficult to administer resulting in unanticipated claims. A significant portion of our staff is dedicated to monitor any policy changes that might occur. Go Kahuna™ will do this work on your behalf and reduce your overhead in the process.
ANSWER: Yes, The Kahuna Cert-Watch™ program allows you to watch multiple CBA’s status in one or all three of the following categories:
3. Recent significant changes
On GoKahuna.com, you can set up your profile indicating which companies you want to monitor and, as a Go Kahuna™ CBA, you will also have the option to be notified, daily, weekly, monthly or only when there is a change in status of the selections in your “Watch List”.
ANSWER: Yes, by being a certificate holder, we get an actual copy of the declarations page of the policy with the limits written on the policy.
ANSWER: Go Kahuna™ will immediately refund the entire amount.
ANSWER: A CBA can be deemed Decertified, which is the same as losing certification. Decertification happens when a CBA fails to maintain the certification requirements.
ANSWER: Yes, 90 days prior to your certification expiration date, a Go Kahuna™ business representative will contact you and advise you of the recertification process.
ANSWER: As long as we can verify, within 2 business days, that you are still insured, you will not lose your certification.